Pursuant to its bylaws, F&A Federal Credit Union opens its board election cycle each year to consider candidates to serve on its Board of Directors or Supervisory Committee. Board of Director service is for a three-year term by nomination, and Supervisory Committee service is a one-year term, by appointment.
All 2022 Board of Directors nomination applications must be received no later than 4:00PM on Friday, October 29, 2021.
All applications for the three-year Board of Directors term will be reviewed by the Nominating Committee, comprised of the six directors who are not active candidates. The Nominating Committee will review, select, or reject nomination applications. Any applicant not recommended for the slate will have approximately 45 days to petition the credit union members. Official petition documents must be delivered to the Executive Assistant to the CEO by 4:00PM December 31, 2021.
Board of Directors applicants who request to be considered by petition must obtain signatures from one percent (1%) of the total membership of F&A Federal Credit Union. In the event a petitioner obtains enough signatures to be considered by the members, and an election becomes necessary, it will be conducted through an online portal, or by mail upon request. Election results will be announced at the 86th Annual Business Meeting scheduled for Friday, March 11, 2022.
New this year! We have extended the application period to serve on the Supervisory Committee until January 28, 2022. All Supervisory Committee applications will be evaluated by F&A’s Board of Directors by the first week of February 2022. Selected volunteers will be appointed to serve on the Supervisory Committee for a one-year term to be announced during the 86th Annual Business Meeting scheduled for Friday, March 11, 2022.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO SERVE ON THE F&A BOARD OF DIRECTORS and SUPERVISORY COMMITTEE:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants must be a member in good standing, with at least the minimum balance in a Regular Share Account; the member must never have caused the F&A Federal Credit Union a financial loss.
- Applicants must never have been convicted of a crime involving dishonesty or breach of trust.
- Current employees of F&A Federal Credit Union are not eligible to serve on the Board of Directors or the Supervisory Committee.
- Relatives of current F&A Federal Credit Union employees, or relatives of seated Officials, are not eligible to apply to serve on the Board of Directors or Supervisory Committee. The definition of relatives for election purposes is the same as the definition regarding field of membership eligibility.
- A good credit rating is preferred, along with a dedication and commitment to F&A Federal Credit Union, and the principles of the credit union movement.
HOW TO APPLY
Members may apply to serve on the Board of Directors or Supervisory Committee by application or petition. Below is a summary for each of these processes.
- Complete the Application for Board of Directors or Supervisory Committee; or
- Run by Petition (Board of Directors only).
- Floor nominations are not accepted at the Annual Business Meeting.
- In the event an election is necessary, ballots will be delivered by January 28, 2022, and must be received no later than Friday, March 4, 2022, to be counted.
ELIGIBILITY TO VOTE
Every member in good standing at least 16 years of age as of December 15, 2021, is eligible to vote. In the event there is only a single nominee, a formal election will not be scheduled, and the election will occur by acclamation.
NOMINATIONS BY PETITION
If a member is not qualified by the Nomination Committee, they may apply to serve on the Board of Directors through the petition nomination process. Note: because the Supervisory Committee members are appointed, the petition process does not apply to Supervisory Committee applicants.
Official Petition forms must be submitted to the Executive Assistant to the CEO by 4:00PM on Friday, December 31, 2021. These forms will be provided to you at the time you are notified that you must petition to be considered. To qualify by official petition, the F&A Federal Credit Union bylaws require you to obtain signatures from 1% of the eligible voting members of the credit union. You may not seek signatures on any property operated by the Credit Union.
HOW TO REQUEST AN APPLICATION
To request an application to apply for the F&A Board of Directors or Supervisory Committee, please contact Victoria Hahn, Executive Assistant to the CEO, via email, email@example.com, or by phone, 323-980-5910. Alternately, follow the links on this page to access the online application.