The following employment opportunity is available with F&A Federal Credit Union:
New Member Advocate
What you will do for us:
As a New Member Advocate, you will be responsible for acting as a product and service expert, while promoting the F&A brand. You will assist members select the most advantageous products to maximize their relationship with the Credit Union while building lasting and meaningful relationships with our members.
- Will manage the new member onboarding process from first contact through product engagement. Additionally, the New Member Advocate will be responsible for re-engaging with members who have dormant accounts.
- Will use exceptional interpersonal and consultative skills while pro-actively contacting new members to welcome them to the Credit Union.
- Provide account information and communicate in a friendly and professional manner.
- Confirm financing terms and 1st loan payment due dates (if member has a new loan product) and encourage members to establish automatic payroll deposit, log into online banking, and use bill pay and other electronic services.
- Act as an advocate while assisting members to achieve their personal financial objectives by anticipating their needs through active listening and product education.
- Identify and discuss opportunities for education promoting our Financial Wellness program.
- Help members understand the value of additional products and services and where appropriate refer them to the appropriate business unit.
- Properly validate and update member data in the Credit Union’s systems.
- Continuously maintain updated product and service knowledge in order to respond to member questions and refer inquiries to the appropriate areas.
- Obtain reports identifying members with no transactions and dormant accounts; attempt to re-engage those members to become active with their membership.
- Actively seek out and participate in appropriate job-related training and development opportunities.
- Comply with all procedures and regulations as they pertain to the position including Bank Secrecy Act.
- Available to work the Credit Union’s core business hours, Monday – Friday 8am – 5 pm.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to be bonded and retain status
- Knowledge of credit union principles and procedures and member service philosophy
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations for deposit accounts, lending products and membership types
- Three (3) to five (5) years of similar experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to evaluate, plan, and prioritize work effectively and independently
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include "New Member Advocate" in the subject line of your email.
F & A Federal Credit Union is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) ordinance.
As an essential business we have strict health and safety protocols in place to protect our team and our members. We require masks, promote physical distance with widely spaced workstations, and have our work areas sanitized regularly. We provide our employees with personal protective equipment as needed, and sanitizer is available at every workstation and throughout our offices.